Thursday 1 May 2014

Polaroid fairy

Hello lovely people,

Sorry for the delay while I was poorly and thank you for your get well wishes.  I'm not feeling better yet but have finally got to the bottom of what was wrong with me and started antibiotics so am hoping to feel better soon.

Since this post was almost ready to go I thought I'd quickly finish it off and will be back with the other 2 belated DT posts tomorrow.

First up, it's time for a new challenge at In The Pink and our theme this month is...

FLUTTERING ON BY

So, we would like to see some butterflies on your creation.  They don't have to be the focal point as you can see on my card...





Here's a closer look at the cute fairy and yes, that cloudy background is a first for me.  I did it with chalk following a super tutorial from Netty which you can find here.
I cut the inner shape of the polaroid frame using my Cricut and then trimmed the outer shape with my guillotine.


Card recipe;
Image: Wryn - fairy friends - Tiddly Inks
DP: XOXO - American Crafts
Sentiment: So wordy sentiments - Amy R
Butterflies: Tiny butterflies - Impression Obsession

Copic colours;
Skin: E0000/50/000/51/22 & R30
Hair: E21/23/25
Dress: BG10/11/32/34 & BG45/49 on hem
Wings / mushroom stalk: RV0000/000/81
Mushroom: R85/39/59/89 & R81/83/85 for spots
Flowers: R81/83/85 & YG67 for leaves

If you haven't already done so then do pop over to In The Pink and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the Pink Ladies.

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,

Hugs,
Kat xx

14 comments:

jimlynn said...

Kat, it's beautiful!!! I love the tiny butterflies on here too.
Hope you start feeling better!
Lynn

Squirrel x said...

Hunny, she is beeeeeautiful! Feel better soon. Xx

Sarah said...

Totally and utterly fantastic!! xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

So beautiful, love it

Sue said...

Oh, I am sorry to hear you unwell Kat, I hope you start to feel better soon.
Your card is gorgeous, adorable image coloured so beautifully, the sky looks fabulous. I love the pretty papers and great layout too.
Take care
hugs Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Kat so love the clouds you have done an awesome job with Annettes tutorial and your a natural pro! sorry your still feeling poorly hope your 100% soon! hugs me x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, adorable image and fab colour combo.
Hope you feel better soon x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

It's so nice to see you again. And with an incredibly pretty card! X

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Kat what a gorgeous card! Must check out the tutorial your sky is fab! Sorry to hear you haven't been well hope the meds work and you feel better soon, sending hugs Susan x

Unknown said...

Wow, what yummy candy colors... Sweet design & perfect coloring! :)
Have a great day, Kat!

Annette said...

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well Kat, but it doesn't seem to have affected your mojo!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your TI image and of course the clouds, what can I say!!! I love the effect you've created.

I adore the pink too :0)
Feel better soon honey.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Christine L said...

Wow to this fabulous Tiddlyinks image and your gorgeous colouring.... loving those clouds too!

Really do hope you're feeling better.. sounds like you've been suffering!

Hugs
Christine x

Joey said...

LOVE the design of this one, beautiful make. Joey xx

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Oh I love everything about this! Such an adorable image and your cloud background looks amazing! The papers and butterflies are so pretty.
Rebecca.