Sunday 1 June 2014

Scrap n' Art with All Dressed Up

Hello lovely people,

Thank you for stopping by and I have a very special project to share today as one of my cards has been published in the latest issue of the Scrap n' Art online magazine.


Scrap n' Art is an electronic magazine packed with articles, tutorials and inspiration all the paper crafter and has a reader base of over 20,000.

Wendy Burns and three brand new, exclusive All Dressed Up images are being featured in the current issue plus several of the design team have submitted projects.

The three exclusive digis are:
Love My Teddy

Princess for a Day

Too Good to Eat

These three digital images are currently available only by subscribing to Scrap n' Art.  Your subscription entitles you to a monthly magazine for $24/year or you can try it for $5 for one month and you can access tutorials, inspiration, editorials and downloads.

For my card, I used another cute image currently available in the All Dressed Up Etsy store called Little Flower Girl.  I went for a taste of summer with this design, choosing bright colours and florals.


I just LOVE this little lady's gorgeous huge sun hat although it was a little bit of a challenge to colour!  I cut out an extra flower for her hat and popped it up on a 3D pad, then added liquid pearls to the middle of the flowers in the basket.


I've used my fave twine and flowers combo to embellish; I'm still loving the 3D flowers right now!


One more shot from the side so you can see the stepper design I used;


Card recipe;
DP: Park Bench - Echo Park
Dies: leaf and swirl - Magnolia Doohickey, butterfly set - Impression Obsession
Edge punch: Scallop dot - Martha Stewart
Flowers: all from Wild Orchid Crafts

Copic colours;
Skin: E0000/50/000/51/21 & R30
Hair: E41/Y21/E42/E43
Dress / hair bows: BG10/11/13
Bag / ground: W0/2/3/4
flowers / hat / bow on bag: Y15/19/YR14
Leaves: G46
Bird: E42/43

I am back from my holiday now and feeling very refreshed but that will probably only last until I get into work on Monday morning and see my inbox!

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,

Hugs,
Kat xx

14 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a cutie and gorgeous colour combo and layout. Hope you had a fun week x

Kelly Lloyd said...

Congratulations Kat. Very well deserved
Your card is just beautiful, the colour combo is fantastic and layout is gorgeous. X

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is gorgeous Kat and congrats on being published! Susan x

Sue said...

Congrats on being published! Your card is stunning, I love the sweet image, wonderful colouring and gorgeous papers.
I am pleased you had a good holiday.
hugs Sue xx

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous card Kat!!! So very pretty and love the stair step card.
Lynn

Christine L said...

Such a fabulous summery card Kat.... and I love the stepper design! Gorgeous colouring (as always) and even though it's not pink.... I LOVE it!

Hugs
Christine x

Marilyn said...

Congrats on being published Kat! Fabulous card and I just love the golds and blues together. Your colouring is gorgeous!
Thanks for helping out with this project, much appreciated!

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kat. She looks fab and beautifully coloured. Hope you enjoyed your holiday.
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Wonderful card - great colors! :)

Wishcraft said...

Fab design and love the colours, such a pretty card hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Unknown said...

Hi hun, adore this card, it's so bright and colourful, very summery indeed! I would love a tutorial on this type of card in the future if you have the time??
Hope you had a fab holiday,
Hugs Kerry x

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Congratulations on being published, that's so fab! Your card is absolutely stunning, I love the colour scheme and beautiful image.
Rebecca.

Anonymous said...

Totally Awesome card Kat and I love your shading and how you have got the light on her hat looks like its shining! And VERY well done and deserved publication too! hugs me x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Totally LOVE this one x