Monday 9 December 2013

A bit of fancy folding

Hello lovely people,

Oh dear, it seems I'm going to have to apologise again for not visiting you all as much as I would like and not posting much of late.  You see, there's this little thing called Christmas on the way and it has somewhat distracted me recently!  On the positive side, I think I have completed all my Christmas shopping and made all the cards I need :-)

So, I am sharing one of my Christmas cards today and it's another fancy fold card.  This is a buckle card that I first saw on Lynsey's blog here and thought it was soooo gorgeous that I just had to give it a go.


The buckle strip tucks in behind the image and into a slot cut in the front section - all the instructions are on an All Dressed Up blog post here.  The card will stand up if you just pull the buckle open a little.  You will see that I moved the buckle up a bit higher than on Lynsey's card; it's easy to adapt the instructions to do this.


I have used this LOTV image every single year since I got it and although it's hard to choose just one favourite, I think this would be it!
The stocking is paper pieced with matching DP; doesn't it look cosy?  Do you think I could get one in my size?!
I also added some fine white glitter to the fluffy bits on the stocking top and hats but as usual it's not showing up as well as I would like in the photos :-(


I kept the embellies simple, just some snowflakes and a swirl; I didn't want to cover up the gorgeous DP too much to be honest!



Card recipe;
DP: Vintage Frost Basics - Maja Designs
Dies: Memory Box small snowflake set, Spellbinders timeless rectangles, swirl cut with Cricut

Copic colours;
Bunnies: E40/41/42 & Rv0000/000
Hat (upper): B91/93/95 & T0/1/2
Hat (lower): B95/97/99 & T1/2/3
Leavs: BG93/96/99
Berries: R39/89
Bow: R89/RV99
Boot shading: T3/4

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges;
1.  A Creative Romance (sparkle at Christmas)
2.  A Little Bit Crafty (Christmas cheer)
3.  That Craft Place (Christmas)
4.  ABC (A is for almost Christmas)

I hope you are all getting organised for Christmas and feeling the festive spirit!  Next on my list is to get some decorations up!

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,

Hugs,
Kat xx

18 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Oh hun, this is stunning! Love that super cute image, your artwork is flawless, and such an amazing design. Absolutely brilliant. Love love love it! Hugs Sxx

Sue said...

This is stunning Kat. I adore that cute image, your colouring is wonderful and I LOVE those papers too.
hugs Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Kat this is Lush!! I Have just coloured that same image! LOVE your paper piecing too! and I will have to have a go at one of these cards :) thanks for the inspiration! hugs me x

Wishcraft said...

Oh no, don't tell me that - I haven't got this stamp and now I think I need it! Gorgeous card, love the colours and fab design :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Gorgeous colours and love that image and layout, not seen a buckle card before and i love it.

Gayle's Crafty Blog said...

Gorgeous Kat...love all of it...I am going to do my Christmas shopping in the next couple of days...wish me luck !! Hugz Gayle xx

Sharon said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous Kat Love the soft blue colour. Also not seen a buckle card before. Will have to try this out sometime. It's a stunning idea. Merry Christmas to you, hugs Sharon x

Unknown said...

This is SPECIAL! xxx

Christine L said...

This is sooo stunning Kat... I really love that LOTV image... and that buckle design.. WOWW!

Big hugs
Christine x

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Kat. A fab design and image and i love those papers.
Lorraine x

Nancy said...

WOW!! That is one GORGEOUS card, Kat! I love everything about it! :o)

Vicky said...

WOW.....sweetie this is stunning I lurve the gorgeous colours & so love the image. I dont have this stamp but I will def be getting it ready for next year.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Beccalite said...

What a stunning card. Love the colour tones and the papers are gorgeous.

Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with us at That Craft Place.

Great Big Huge Hugs

Becca (DT member)

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Kat! Such a BEAUTIFUL vintage, festive card, which is also just sweet as a button! Darling card! hugs, de

Jacqui Chimes said...

A really beautiful card. I love the subtle colours. Thank you for joining us at A Little Bit Crafty this month. Jacqui

Marilyn said...

I LOVE this card Kat! I really do... it's simply gorgeous!

Tracy said...

Card this card is fantastic ! I really do love every bit of it.
Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place x

Sue said...

Hello again Kate, just popping back for another look at your stunning card so that I can say thank you for taking part in A Little Bit Crafty Challenge this month.
hugs Sue xx