Sunday 15 December 2013

A Dressy Christmas

Hello lovely people,

Are you feeling festive yet?  I certainly am and have been busy today writing my Christmas cards and making tags for the presents :-)  And if you need a little something else to get you into the festive spirit then how about a new challenge at All Dressed Up with the theme of...

CLEAN AND SIMPLE

As usual, there are 2 newly released images and I have used the gorgeous All Dressed Up for Christmas.  This classy image works really well on CAS designs and is pretty speedy to colour.
I am going to put my Christmas decorations up later - not sure I will look as elegant as this lady; I would probably just fall off that pile of presents - lol!


I have kept the colouring to mostly black and white with just a couple of pops of red.  There are some little spots of glitter on the wings and the stars although my photography skills have yet again failed to capture them!


Card recipe;
DP: December Documented - Simple Stories
Twine: from The Ribbon Girl

Copic colours;
Monochrome sections: C series
Red: R29/59

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges;
1.  Bunny Zoe (wings)
2.  Divas by Design (anything goes)
3.  Cute Card Thursday (Christmas catch up)
4.  Sweet Stampin' (last minute Christmas)

The rest of the Dressy Girls have made some stunning CAS cards so do head over to the All Dressed Up blog and check them out.  The challenge runs until 14th January so you have plenty of time to get creating using any of the All Dressed Up images in a CAS style :-)

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,

Hugs,
Kat xx

25 comments:

Tracy said...

Stunning Kat !!! I love the glitter, and the colours you have used work so brilliantly xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow this is stunning, I adore it, the tiny bits of red are perfect

Squirrel x said...

Oh wow Kat, this is simply stunning babes, LOVE it! Hugs Squirrel xx (PS. It would fit perfectly at this month's Without Words challenge too)

Marilyn said...

Love the mono colouring and this fab layout Kat. It's gorgeous!

jimlynn said...

CAS and so very pretty! Love the elegance of this.
Lynn

Sue said...

This is stunning Kat. I love the image and the way you have coloured it looks wonderful. Gorgeous papers too.
hugs Sue xx

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Kat! I love the image and you've coloured it beautifully.. the black & white with touches of red looks fab!! The paper and twine are perfect too ! :-)
Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design!
Hugs Sue B xx

Unknown said...

Fab-u-LUSS! Yep! I LOVE the colour combo you've got going on here Kat. LOVE it! Your card is a little belter. xxx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Oh my goodness, this is stunning, your colouring is stunning. I love the minimal colours. X

Nancy said...

Such incredible colouring on this one, Kat! Beautiful card! :o)

Donna Ellis said...

Fun image, Kat, and wonderful coloring and shading! I'm jealous of your "black" ability! I have not learned the trick of using the blacks and grays yet. So sweet! hugs, de

Sharon said...

Beautiful CAS and monochromatic card. xx

Unknown said...

Oh Kat, this is just so gorgeous. The monochromatic colors in the image with that pop of red is just so classy!

Kelly said...

Very elegant and perfectly done card! I love the colors you did!
Hugs Kelly

Kelly said...

Very elegant and perfectly done card! I love the colors you did!
Hugs Kelly

Christine L said...

The red and black together look so stunning on this fabulous card Kat!

Hugs
Christine x

Bettina L. said...

This is gorgeous Kat. Love the black and white colours with the splash of red. Bettina xx

Sammy said...

LOVE the monochrome with a pop of colour. It's super effective and very stylish!

Thank you for all your lovely comments! As for the LOTV stamp binders, they are the blank clear binders they sell in the shop (there's one on my desk in the photo too), that I then decorated. I did a post when I got them

http://sammyjeancrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/good-day-all.html

Shgould be decorating my "miscellanious" folder soon! :-) x

Wishcraft said...

Ooh! Love the image and love how you've coloured her too, this is fab hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Kat - just a comment of hugs for your very sweet, sincere comment on my blog today. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Joy AND the sugar plum fairy LOL - and there is nothing better than pink, right? hugs, de

Katie said...

Gorgeous! I love the black and white with red- so elegant :) Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Katie

Anne said...

I adore this one Kat. So sophisticated. Gorgeous card sweetie
Anne x

Anonymous said...

Kat I really love this card love the image and the colours you have chosen are brilliant too! hugs me x

mixamatoasties said...

Absolutely gorgeous card. Love it.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Susan x

Kim said...

Love this image, very classy. Great choice of color too. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.