Thursday 12 December 2013

I'm dreaming of a PINK Christmas...

Hello lovely people,

I think I actually have enough Christmas cards made now but that hasn't stopped me making a few extras seeing as I have so many lovely Christmas stamps and some gorgeous Christmas DP!

So, if you are still enjoying making Christmas cards then our new challenge at In The Pink is perfect for you with our theme of...

PINK CHRISTMAS

I think pink is a fabulous choice for Christmas cards (surprise surprise!) and I just happen to have a wonderful selection of pretty pink Maja Designs paper to choose from ;-)






I really wanted to have a go at paper piecing this image as I thought it would look good and be a great way to have the presents co-ordinate with the rest of the card.  It was a weeny bit fiddly to do but I love the finished result :-)   I added details with my Copics and some Stardust Stickles to the scarf.

 I have made a border with my individual snowflake dies again and also used them behind the sentiment.  I've kept the layout really simple this time, just adding my fave ribbon/twine combo to finish it off :-)




Card recipe;
DP: Vintage Frost Basics - Maja Designs
Dies: Memory Box small snowflake set 

Copic colours;
Penguin: T8/9/10 & YR21/31 & T0/1/blender
Present details: R56 & E47
Scarf shading: RV91
Ground: T0/1/2/3

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges;
1.  Sweet Stampin' (ribbons)
2.  A Gem of a Challenge (anything goes)
3.  Papertake Weekly (Christmas creatures)

So come on and show us your pretty pink Christmas cards and if you are in need of any more inspiration, head over to In The Pink and see what the rest of the Pink Ladies have created :-)

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,

Hugs,
Kat xx

11 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I really must play this time, your card is gorgeous and I love the paper piecing, great layout too

Vicky said...

This is super gorgeous my sweetie I lurve the cute penguin & your paper piecing is awesome hun. Wow cant believe you have enough christmas cards......I wish I did :0(

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kat. The image is so cute and I love those pretty papers and paper piecing
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Adorable card - love the color tones. :)
Have a nice day...

Wishcraft said...

Such a cute image and gorgeous papers too. Lovely card hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

PS. I replied to your email, hope you got it xx

Kim said...

Adorable, love the color. thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Sammy said...

LOVE it! Such a fab card! Love the colour, and the paper, and the image is just adorable! Just love it! With DT hat on: Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin'. Sammy-x

mixamatoasties said...

I admire your patience, I could never have paper pieced all those!

Lovely card. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week. Susan

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Hi Kat, this is so gorgeous. Love your colour scheme and paper piecing and perfect for our challenge this week. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

This card made me smile! The little touches of glitter are a very very pretty detail. X

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - love the paper piecing and the snowflake border.

Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge and Happy New Year!

Helen x