Thursday 5 December 2013

Candy Stripes at Crafty Little Fairies

Hello lovely people,

I am having a lovely couple of days off work at the moment and trying to get organised for Christmas...not sure I'm succeeding all that well!

Anyway, it's time for a new challenge at Crafty Little Fairies and our theme this week is...

CANDY STRIPES

So we are looking for stripes of white and another colour, usually red, or maybe some actual candy canes on your creation.  I had to rummage for quite some time for something suitable before I remembered some Christmas DP I had left over from 2 years ago.  It was one of my favourite DPs and there were only scraps left so I had to be quite creative in using them.



This theme was the perfect excuse to use one of the Saturated Canary images that I got on a CD ROM with a magazine because she has a candy cane!  And she is just adorable and fabulous fun to colour up :-)


I'm enjoying making different fancy fold cards at the moment so did a stepper design here; it's great because once the panels are stitched and layered they don't need a lot of embellishment.  I did break out my new holly vine die which I have been waiting for the right card to use!


Card recipe;
Image: Candy Cane Elf - Saturated Canary (not available in the store)
DP: North Pole collection - Crate Paper
Dies: holly vine - Memory Box
Fancy edge: Martha Stewart edge punch

Copic colours;
Skin: E0000/000/00/11/21 & R30
Hair / boots: E44/47/49 (& black on boots)
Eyes: E43/44
Red on hat / leggings: R27/29/39
Green hat / leggings / dress: YG13/17/67
Candy cane: R24/27/29 & C00/0/1

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges;
1.  Papertake Weekly (anything goes)
2.  Divas by Design (feeling festive)
3.  As You Like It (fave digi - I adore the Saturated Canary images as they are so beautiful and fun to colour and the newest addition to my collection is always my fave!)
4.  The Ribbon Girl (christmas)


The rest of the Fairies have made some lovely candy striped cards so do pop over to Crafty Little Fairies to check them out.

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,

Hugs,
Kat xx

13 comments:

Sammy said...

Such a fab card! Love the image and her candy cane and the papers and design are great too!

Yes, living 5 miles from the LOTV shop has it's benefits (like visiting on open days) and huge drawbacks (like spending stupid amounts of money! I may have accidentally spent rather too much at the open day *and* then ordered some more on Monday! It's a bona fide addiction! lol). Still, it's by far the best shop for not just LOTV stamps, but for other stuff like Promarkers and Stickles and other essentials! Most other local craft type shops seriously overcharge on those, and I can't say I like placing on online order for a single Promarker pen I need, lol.

But mostly I just love going there to look at the pretty. and to take as much as possible home with me, lol. x

Nancy said...

Wow! Fabulous card, Kat! It's a great design, and your colouring is fantastic! :o)

Sue said...

Stunning card Kat. I love the pretty image, fabulous colouring and those papers are gorgeous - I can see why you like them so much.
hugs Sue xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

My goodness, what a fab card. Your colouring is so smooth! I love the colours too x

Gayle's Crafty Blog said...

Love it Kat !! The image..the colours..just gorgeous..and..Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly..Hugz Gayle xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Kat. The image looks fab and I love the candy stripes.
Lorraine x

Christine L said...

A lovely traditional coloured Christmas card Kat.. and your colouring as always is stunning. Loving the shape of this one too!

Hugs
Christine x

Zippy said...

Fab card and love the lay-out. Cute image and coloured perfectly xxx

Anne said...

Beautiful card Kat. Lovely layout and great colouring of the image.
Anne x

Donna Ellis said...

How cute, Kat! Love your colors and the darling image - and the stitching on your panel - and and and - yes, I really REALLY like your card! hugs, de

Marianne's Craftroom said...

So gorgeous, love that image and fabulous candy stripes

Jennifer said...

Very cleverly creative, Kat, how you used those tiny scraps. Love your design, and your colouring is superb!

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

Mirella said...

gorgeous! Love the shape, image and colouring! There was a magazine with S.Canary images on a cd? Gosh, I must have missed it! :(
Thanks for sharing and joining us at Divas by Design this week! Mirella