Saturday 4 May 2013

Bright and swirly

Hello lovely people,

You know how I am always marvelling at how time flies?  Well, I am now another year older, not sure about wiser though!  Anyhow, I intend to enjoy myself over the next few days as I am not back in work until Thursday - hurrah!
Today of course is Totally Gorjuss challenge day, our theme this week is 'Anything goes with Swirls' and our lovely sponsor is J&C Creations, who have tons of goodies in their shop.
I indulged in a few more Saturated Canary images recently and have gone for brighter colours than I have been using of late.  Yes, I managed to tear myself away from the Maja Vintage Spring Basics for one card at least!


It took me quite a while to colour this image as I am still learning my Copic colours but I was pretty chuffed with the end result and that I finally found a good blonde hair combo.
Card recipe;
Image: County Mama from Saturated Canary (with small child removed!)
DP: Teresa Collins Fabrications
Fancy edge: Martha Stewart edge punch
Swirls: Marianne Designs die
Flowers: from stash
Pearls: Kaisercraft
Sentiment: Personal Impressions Big Sentiments stamp set

Copic colours;
Skin: E0000/000/00/R30
Hair: E41/43 + Y21/26
Jeans: B95/97/99
Jacket: E84/87/89
Top: YR30
Hat: B91/93/95
Flowers: YR21/23/24
Grass: YG61/G21/BG93

I apologise for the slightly blurry photos and I will update if I get some better ones! - DONE!

I would like to enter this card in the Saturated Canary challenge, which has the theme of 'All things bright and beautiful.'

Ok, now off you pop to Totally Gorjuss to see what the rest of the DT have been up to...

Thanks for visiting and hopefully next time you stop by I will have my craft room update to share with you :-)

Hugs,
Kat xx

8 comments:

Kelly Lloyd said...

Great card Kat, love your fantastic colouring too
Hugs Kelly

Sue said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday Kat!
Your card is gorgeous. Such a pretty image and your colouring is so beautiful. I love the papers and layout too
hugs Sue xx

Christine L said...

Hi Kat..

Hope you had a fabulous birthday!

Loving your card... colours and shading are perfect as always.. and now I have the link to the image I may just have to pop over to SC and indulge!

Could you let me have your email addy btw? You can contact me via the email button on my blog..

Christine x

Nonni said...

Your coloring is stunning! I would love it if you could share the numbers you've used on her clothing and hair -looks so professional and beautiful!

Wishcraft said...

Ooh this is fabulous! Love how you've used that gorgeous image, the papers and layout are fab too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Unknown said...

Lovely pretty card, love yours colouring. Thanks for joining our challenge over on Saturated Canary.
Caz
x

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

I think you did a beautiful job coloring and I wouldn't want you to change anything to it. ADORABLE!!!!

Thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary challenge and good luck to you :)

Ruby

Kat W said...

Thanks for your kind words and I have updated the post with the Copic colours :-)