Saturday 5 October 2013

A colouring marathon

Hello lovely people,

Last weekend I had a rare quiet weekend and tucked myself away in my craft room for a good long colouring session - happy days :-D
I thought these Tiddly Inks images would be perfect for my nephew's 8th birthday card as he loves Harry Potter and these do bear a passing resemblance!


Now, I could have chosen just one character but no, I decided to be 'clever' and merge the 3 together... cue LOTS of colouring time!
After all that colouring time I decided to keep the rest of the card super simple and just used a font I found online for an authentic looking sentiment.



Card recipe;
Images: Tiddly Inks - Wizard (2 versions) and Wizardette
DP: Bo Bunny - Timepiece

Copic colours;
Skin: E0000/000/00/51 & R30
Harry's hair: E57/47/49
Hermione's hair: E41/42/43/44 & Y21
Ron's hair: YR12/14 & E15/17
Cloaks: T10/8/7/6/5
Trousers: T6/5/4/3
Scarves: R46/59 & Y15/17
Glow: YG00/06/23/17
Ground: T0/1/2/3/4

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges;
1.  Tiddly Inks (anything goes)
2.  Papertake Weekly (anything goes +/- Halloween treat bag)
3.  ABC (w is for words)
4.  Simon Says Stamp (going dotty)

This weekend I am relaxing after going to a wedding on Friday but also have to write a presentation for a job interview on Tuesday - eek!  It's too hard to do all at once so I have been doing a bit then 'rewarding' myself with a little bit of time in my craft room :-)

Thanks for visiting and Happy World Card Making Day!

Hugs,
Kat xx

18 comments:

The Little Stamper said...

Fantastic Kat! I do agree - these look just like the Harry Potter crew - I bet your nephew will love it.

Sharon x

karen said...

Oh so gorgeous Kat, terrific trio and love your colouring, hugs, Karenx

Kelly Lloyd said...

This is gorgeous kat. Amazing colouring
Hugs Kelly

Lorraine said...

This is fabulous Kat. I love the images and you've coloured them beautifully.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Wishcraft said...

Fab image and beautifully coloured too, gorgeous card hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Niinu said...

Arent those guys cute or what?! Very lovely card:)

Marianne's Craftroom said...

So fabulpus, great colouring and love that font too. Goo dluck with the interview

Sue said...

WOW!! I love those images Kat and your colouring looks amazing.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend and good luck with the job interview on Tuesday.
hugs Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Super card, love your black coloring! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks.

Unknown said...

How delightful! You got the Harry Potter trio just right! This card is amazing! Now get cracking on that presentation! xxx

Little K Smith said...

Ooohh a perfect card for a Harry Potter fan Kat! Amd your colouring is just wonderful too!
Kelly.x

Katie said...

Fabulous card- I'm sure your nephew will absolutely love it! And awesome coloring too, the glow looks amazing :) Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

Christine L said...

Fabulous wizardy card Kat... and such perfect merging too.... and also, that colouring of their robes... so difficult to get the right grey/black and you've managed it perfectly! Think he'll love his card.

Hope the presentation goes well tomorrow!

Hugs
Christine x

Unknown said...

Beautiful creation! You are very brave by taking on all 3 characters. :) You did splendid though! Thank you so much for playing with us at Tiddly Inks, it was a pleasure to take a look at your lovely blog. :)

Jo Nevill said...

Fantastic card, those images are fantastic - my daughter would love those !
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week

Jo x

Jingle said...

This is SO adorable! Awesome coloring and I just LOVE that image!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Gail said...

Totally fabulous...adore Harry Potter and his friends!!!! Colored magnificently! --Gail

Jenn said...

Awesome card, I LOVE Harry Potter and you've colored them beautifully! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges.