Thursday 3 October 2013

Luscious lace

Hello lovely people,

It's time for a new challenge at In The Pink and this week our theme is...
Luscious Lace

There is not much better, IMHO, than the combo of pink and lace so I was in heaven with this one!  I also got to play with my beautiful new DP pad from LOTV - so pretty :-)
There are 2 bits of lace on here; the white one given to me by my mother-in-law and the pinky-brown one purchased in my local fabric/wool shop.  I popped in yesterday to get some more thread for stitching and a whole rack of gorgeous cotton lace caught my eye so I just had to have some...and then I just had to use it!


I paper pieced all the sections of the dress and added a little shading with Copics, then sprinkled Frantage all round the edge...and on my desk/floor/myself just for good measure!


Card recipe;
Image: Saturated Canary - Lovely
DP: LOTV NitWit pad - Always and Forever
Flowers / pearls: from Wild Orchid Crafts
Die cut leaves: Memory Box - Lavish Branch
Flower stamens: Memory Box - Cherry Blossom
Butterfly: Impression Obsession - Butterfly Set (available from My Crafty Heart)
Frantage: Shabby White (from My Crafty Heart)

Copic colours;
Skin: E0000/000/00/51 & R30
Hair: E15/25/57
Dress shading: R81/83
Rose: R81/83/85
Leaves / eyes: YG93/63

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges;
1.  Saturated Canary (paper piecing)
2.  Inky Chicks (2 different dies - I hope 3 is ok!)

Do pop over to In The Pink to see what the cards from the rest of the DT; they are so beautiful, even if I am a bit biased!  I hope you will be inspired to join in our challenge and use some luscious lace...or maybe even buy some new lace ;-)

Thanks for visiting and for any comments you leave,

Hugs,
Kat xx

10 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, fab shades of pink and love the lace. I love frantage but it is messy isn't it

Sue said...

Stunning card Kat. The image is gorgeous. I love her pretty paper pieced dress and the papers and lace are so beautiful
hugs Sue xx

Kelly Lloyd said...

Wow Kat this is stunning. A wonderful card,
X

Donna Ellis said...

Kat, this is beautiful! Feels so lovely and elegant and innocent, too! hugs, de

Christine L said...

Such a fabulous card Kat... LOVE that SC image... and what stunning paper piecing.... and of course, that touch of Frantage makes it perfect!

Got it all off your worksurface yet?? hehe

Hugs
Christine x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kat. I love the image and she looks fabulous in her paper pieced dress.
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Kat! SO pretty and girlie. xxx

Gail said...

This is one of the prettiest cards I've ever seen. The overall call is beautiful, and your paper piecing is fabulous. The hair on this image is truly outstanding and after seeing this, I know I have to work on my technique. This is an outstanding card. I recently went into our guest bathroom and found Frantage in there. Now how did it get there?! Hugs, Gail

karen said...

Wow what a stunner, Kat, beautifully done, I LOVE this paper pad I have to stop myself from using it on every card! Its a winner, hugs, Karenxx

Little K Smith said...

This is soooooo pretty hun! I love the gorgeous image and fab paper piecing too!
Kelly.x