Monday 21 October 2013

How long until Christmas?!

Hello lovely people,

Christmas is doing the usual thing of sneaking up on me and I know this because people keep telling me how many days until Christmas or how many Saturdays until Christmas etc.  I am not a fan of this!
But it has made me evaluate how many Christmas cards I have made so far and that is a grand total of two!
So, time to step it up and here is number 3...


I used one of my all time favourite sketches from Papertake Weekly, which I love because it is so versatile and always results in a beautiful card.


I added a little stamp detail to the DP but decided not to add any embellies other than a couple of pearls as I really liked the clean design.


Card recipe;
Image: Christmas Angel - Saturated Canary
DP: Kaisercraft - On this day
Lace: from Live and Love Crafts
Stamped detail: Butterfly Flourish Swirls - Chocolate Baroque (and a random tiny snowflake stamp)
Sentiment: Handwritten Christmas Sentiments - Pink Petticoat

Copic colours;
Skin: E0000/000/00/51 & R30
Hair: E41/42/43
Eyes: E44/47
Dress / baubles: BV0000/000/00 & BG90/93
Tights / wings: N0/1/2

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges;
1.  Saturated Canary (season's greetings)
2.  As You Like It (fave sketch)
3.  Simon Says Stamp (christmas/happy holidays)

I hope you all had a good start to the week and thanks so much for visiting me,

Hugs,
Kat xx

13 comments:

Kelly Lloyd said...

Oh I love this must nip over and get this one. Your card is beautiful
Hugs Kelly

Teri said...

This is just absolutely adorable!!!! You've colored it beautifully!!!And I have to agree, I like the simple style, it draws attention to the focal image!!! Awesome!!!
Teri

Sue said...

Stunning card Kat. I love the sweet image and you have coloured her so beautifully. The papers are gorgeous too and the CAS design is perfect.
hugs Sue xx

Unknown said...

Wow - You've made such a beautiful card here. Love it! :) Beautiful coloring, love the color combo and that dotted paper.
Have a great day, Kat...

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Kat. The image looks fabulous and I love the soft colours and cas design.
Lorraine x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Sorry about my countdown! Gorgeous card, love the soft colours and that sentiment is fab with the beautiful image

Christine L said...

Such a beautiful job of this gorgeous SC image Kat... and loving that lilac too... think it's my next favourite colour to pink!

Gorgeous card - love the layout too!

Big hugs
Christine x

Little K Smith said...

Congrats on your 3rd crimbo card hun ;D
And it's totally gorgeous too! I love this image and the colours are so pretty too :)
Kelly.x

Donna Ellis said...

A darling card, and great sketch, Kat. LOVE your sweet little angel. hugs, de

Wishcraft said...

Such a pretty image and love the soft colours, fab card hun. I've made lots of Christmas cards but so far I think only one of them is mine, the rest are for orders and the gift shop I supply... eeek! Hugs, Lisa x

cheiron said...

What a sweet angel and I love the non-traditional colors. Thanks for playing along with us in the Holiday/Christmas Challenge this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Unknown said...

A gorgeous card, I love the soft colours you have used. Thanks for joining our challenge this week on Saturated Canary Challenge Blog.
Caz
x

Anonymous said...

Kat your card is fabulous and the Sketch that you choose is as you say just so versatile, love the colour combo you chose too!
Thanks for playing AYLI challenge this time hope to see you next time too! hugs me x