Thursday 31 October 2013

Pretty Tilly

Hello lovely people,

It seems like you weren't so keen on our last challenge of a sketch at In The Pink so it's time for a new and much easier theme...

Ribbons and bows
Simples!

I thought I would do something a little different this week and alter a can.  WARNING - lots of photos coming up!
Here's the cocoa can before it underwent a makeover;


And this is what it looks like now;


Ok, the image panel is maybe a little large for the can but I didn't want to try to fussy cut her as it's not one of my strong points!
I popped the image panel on some foam pads and added a bit of embellishment at one side, then scattered a few butterflies here and there.


These little heart stems are my new favourite die and I just know they are going to be so versatile :-)  You can also see the ribbon and lace bow - that's the theme sorted!


This parade of pictures wouldn't be complete without a close up of Tilly and I had fun trying out a funky deep pink hair colour :-)  There is a tiny touch of Stickles on her wing and spots of Stickles and pearl pen for the fairy dust but it's not so obvious in the photo.


Card recipe;
Image: Tilly - Saturated Canary rubber stamp (available from My Crafty Heart)
Dies: Impression Obsession heart stems and butterflies
Seam binding: from Crafty Ribbons
Lace: from stash
Tag: Sentiment tags - LOTV

Copic colours;
Skin: E0000/000/00/21/11 & R30
Hair / bag: R56/39/59/89
Eyes: E57/59
Leotard: R81/83/85
Tights: RV0000/000
Tabard: RV000/81/83
Various green bits: YG61/63/G94
Socks: R81/83 & R56
Wings: RV0000/000/81
Ground: T0/1/2/3

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges;
1.  Saturated Canary (alter it!)
2.  Bunny Zoe (ribbon)
3.  Simon Says Stamp (anything goes)

The Pink Ladies have been busy creating some wonderful cards to inspire you so do pop over to In The Pink to check them out.

Thanks for visiting,

Hugs,
Kat xx

22 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love Tilly and those heart stems are on my wish list for the NEC next wk. So gorgeous and so clever, love it

Gayle's Crafty Blog said...

It's gorgeous Kat...love all the details and her hair looks amazing !!..that die might have to go on my list for the NEC too !! It's gorgeous...Hugz Gayle xx

Christine L said...

Super gorgeous Kat... loving what you've done with this... and that fab hair on the gorgeous SC image! And ooooh that little hearts die... now.... I THINK I may have seen that in my craft room somewhere... or maybe mine has flowers. Smacks of TOO MUCH stash doesn't it when I don't know what's there!

PS... Managed to get a mag put away for me in the newsagents in town.. now only have to go get it! YES - RESULT! X

Sammy said...

Oh this is just gorgeous! Love the image, the papers and all the gorgeous details. I want to alter a can now, lol. x

Sue said...

WOW! This is gorgeous Kat, such a fabulous design. I love the pretty image, your colouring is wonderful and the detailing is beautiful. I bet this smells delicious too!
hugs Sue xx

Kelly Lloyd said...

Brilliant creation Kat.
Those are my most fav papers
Hugs Kelly

Donna Ellis said...

I want more photos! this is a darling project, Kat, and you've layered each item so intricately and beautifully! I love this and hope to make something similar, so I've pinned it! Super Cute! (and of course, your coloring is out of this world!) hugs, de

Hélène said...

Gorgeous box lovely details. And your red hear are impressive!
Hugs Helene

Juls said...

oooooh wow this is gorgeous!!! Hugs Juls

Jennifer said...

OMG, Kat, this is gorgeous!!!! Love every single detail, and your colouring is fantastic....that hair...FABULOUS!

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

Anonymous said...

WOWzer! stunning hunny LOVE love the way you have done this and love hte turned out papers on the pot and the image is coloured so beautifully hugs me x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Beautiful creation! Love the way you've layered it up and I don't think you needed to fussy cut the image, it looks fabulous as you've done it! Hugs, Wends x

Anonymous said...

Hi Kat !! Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog this week!! I just had a peek @ your last 10 posts !!
All fab!!!
I'm a new follower -- & would love to have you consider following me, as well !! :))
Enjoy your weekend & I can't wait to see what you make next !! Xo

Wishcraft said...

Oh wow, this is beautiful! Gorgeous creation hun... sorry, just realised I wasn't already following you so I've added myself now :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Jingle said...

This just looks AWESOME!!! Great coloring and a wonderful design! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Vicky said...

This is gorgeous Kat this is one of my fave SC stamps........mind its a long list lol. Lurve these gorgeous colours & love the can sweetie.

Thank you for playing along with the Saturated Canary girls, hope to see you again hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Tracy said...

Beautiful Kat, fantastic colouring. ...I LOVE her hair. All the little details work just perfectly xxx

Tracy said...

Beautiful Kat, fantastic colouring. ...I LOVE her hair. All the little details work just perfectly xxx

Jane said...

Loving the pink and green colour combo! Fab Altering too! Thanks for sharing with us over at SC Challenges x

Unknown said...

Love what you have done with the cocoa tin...looks awesome. Thanks for joining the Saturated Canary Challenge.
Caz
x

Unknown said...

This is just beautiful!!! I love this!

sara said...

beautiful thanks so much for joining us at Bunnyzoes this month
hugs sara x x