Thursday 17 October 2013

A good book

Hello lovely people,

It's Thursday again and time for your pink fix!  This week at In The Pink we have a fab sketch designed by our very own Rizzo...


I love a good sketch as it can take a lot of the effort out of deciding what to do and let me tell you, this is a *really* good sketch to work with :-)




As I was uploading the photos I noticed a couple of black specks on the card, which are not there IRL - just some detritus off my craft desk I think!  Anyway, I wasn't going to re-do the photos so maybe if I just ignore them they might go away...

This is the first outing for this Saturated Canary image that was kicking around in my digi collection waiting for just the right moment!  The hair was actually quite tricky to do but I'm fairly happy with it in the end.


The flowers were all white to start with and I coloured two of them with Copics to match the image/DP and curled the little wiry bits round a cocktail stick.



Card recipe;
Image: Princess Reading Beauty - Saturated Canary
DP: Maja Designs - Vintage Summer Basics
Scalloped circle: cut with Cricut
Sentiment: Kaisercraft mini stamp
Flowers: Sweetheart Blossoms - Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbon: from stash

Copic colours;
Skin: E0000/000/00/51 & R30
Hair/eyes: E25/57/59
Nightie: V91/93/95
Flowers in hair: RV91/93
Books W0/1/2/3 & YR21/31/Y32
Shoes: W00/0/1

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges;
1.  Bunny Zoe (ribbon)
2.  Wild Orchid Crafts (pretty pastels)
3.  A Creative Romance (pink)

If you pop over to In The Pink you can see if you can spot the difference between my card and all the other...let's just say the other Pink Ladies all love that die...!

Thanks for visiting,

Hugs,
Kat xx

11 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

She is gorgeous and fabulous colour combo you have used, so soft and pretty

lis-m said...

Beautiful card Kat, and you've coloured her perfectly
Hugs xx

Sue said...

Such a gorgeous card Kat. I love the pretty image, beautiful colouring and the papers are gorgeous too.
hugs Sue xx

Christine L said...

Morning Kat

Well you had to be different didn't you?? hehe!! LOVING your take on this sketch... your colouring is stunning as always.. and I love how you've coloured the flowers to match!

Have a good day hon..
Christine x

Hélène said...

I love your card! Your hair are just perfect and I love the shadows on the nightie too. Good job pink lady!
Hugs ! Helene

Christine said...

Hi Kat your colouring is just amazing the depth of colour in the hair..gorgeous soft colour combo love it..

smiles Christine C x

Donna Ellis said...

This would be ME! LOL Reading is a passion, and you'll always find me with a good book. The colors look amazing, and so does the shiny hair in your sweet girl, and the pretty shading in the rest of your design as well. Lovely card, Kat! hugs, de

Malin ~ Lillpiga said...

Thanks for joining us at WOC with your lovely card!!

Best regards, Malin ♥

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

I really love the way you've coloured this image Kat, she's truly beautiful.
Thanks for playing along with us at Bunny Zoe's Crafts :)

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

I love the soft colours of the card, your hair really pops against it. Gorgeous x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous and LOVE her hair too! hugs me xx