Thursday 24 October 2013

Krafty James

Hello lovely people,

If you read my last post you will know that I have not got very far with my Christmas cards yet so yep, it's another one today!  At least I can put in more hours of crafting in the evening thanks to my new daylight lamp :-)  It was a bit bigger than I thought it would be but the light is fantastic and yes, I don't know how I have managed without one for so long!

Since it is Thursday it's time for a new challenge at Crafty Little Fairies and our theme this week is...

Anything goes

Our sponsor this week is Hot Shot Craft with a £10 voucher...
AND a second lucky winner will get a LOTV stamp kindly donated by our very own Squirrel :-)

I am now the proud owner of a couple of LOTV James bear stamps and a lovely paper pad from LOTV so couldn't wait to have a play and this is what I came up with...


The panel with the border is supposed to be at a jaunty angle but I am wondering if I should have made it even more angled so it doesn't look like I just stuck it a bit wonky by accident!

When colouring animals I have often ended up with quite a 'blended' look so this time I challenged myself to get more of a furry texture on James and hey, I'm quite happy with the result :-)


Card recipe;
Image: James Bear in the Snow - LOTV
DP: Krafty Christmas - LOTV
Twine: Ivory button twine - Ribbon Girl
Sentiment: Happy Circular Sentiments - LOTV
Fancy edge: Double dot scallop punch - Martha Stewart

Copic colours;
James bear: E40/41/42/43
Scarf ' hat: R27/29/59

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges;
1.  LOTV (anything goes)
2.  Totally Gorjuss (string)
3.  The Ribbon Girl (brown)

The rest of the Fairies have created an array of beautiful cards to inspire you so do head over to Crafty Little Fairies to check them out :-)

Thanks for visiting,

Hugs,
Kat xx

14 comments:

Christine L said...

A fabbie card Kat... you've really got that bear fur spot on... I've made a note of the colours you've used for future ref! It looks fab with the LOtV papers too... and the angle is perfect so stop worrying! LOL

Glad you've found the daylight bulb helps...

Hugs
Christine x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Kat, I never tire of seeing cute James Bear, this is my all time favourite of him. Wonderful colouring and beautiful papers too.
hugs Sue xx

Donna Ellis said...

This is DARLING! I especially like how some of the panels are slightly off center and titled. Even the saying. Wonderful stitching and delightful coloring. hugs, de

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Oh wow, Kat! You did a fabulous job! Love your card!!!

Unknown said...

Sweet card - love the papers and coloring!
Have an awesome day, Kat... :)

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fabukous colouring job and gorgeous card, love James and love those papers, defo on my wish list. Love my Day,ight lamp, couldn't manage without it either x

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Kat. I love the way you've coloured James - he looks fabulous.
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Super gorgeous card hunny your Fur looks AWESOME love your sewing too! hugs me x

Sharon said...

Fabulous colouring of that Teddy. Wow! I really need to practice this. Thanks for joining in the fun with your ex-teamies at TG this week. Miss ya! hugs Sharon x

Anet's Crafting said...

Your card is beautiful Kat, I love the layout and papers. Your colouring of the image is fabulous.

Wishcraft said...

Ooh your colouring looks fabulous hun! Gorgeous card. I often stick things deliberately wonky and then worry that it looks like a mistake lol, glad it's not just me :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Ribbon Girl said...

Hi Kat - his furiness is really lovely - a very nice card - Thank you for joining in with the Ribbon Girl October Colour Challenge, Mary x

Gayle's Crafty Blog said...

Oh Kat you have made James look even more gorgeous with your colouring...love the colour combo too.

I need to go around and follow everyone too...otherwise I will miss gorgeous creations like this !

Hugz..Gayle xx

Erica said...

Hi Kat,

Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Anything Goes' challenge with your gorgeous card!

Good luck!

Hugs

Erica x