Thursday 10 October 2013

Pink again!

Hello lovely people,

It's not my fault this time, I *had* to do it...you see our challenge theme over at Crafty Little Fairies this week is...
Pretty in Pink!
So, I had no choice...not that I was complaining though - lol!

Our fabulous sponsor this week is Live and Love Crafts and they have the most wonderful products to choose from, including some pink ones!

I had a rummage and found some pretty Maja Design DP that I hadn't used yet and decided it was about time I inked up Gardener Gayle again - my only SC not in digi form!
I have gone for a slightly distressed feel on this card; I roughed up the edges of the DP with a Tim Holtz distressing tool and added some ink to the flowers and tag.








She is so lovely to colour up and suits the pink perfectly I think!  I tried to keep the colours muted to match the DP and shabby feel.


Here's an angled shot to show you the pretty flowers - I really must use this die more often as it is so nice to cut the flowers from matching DP for that perfect co-ordination!  And no, I didn't drop a few pearls, I just thought I would try out a few sprinkled here and there and liked the effect :-)




Card recipe;
Image: Saturated Canary - Gardener Gayle (available from My Crafty Heart)
DP: Maja Design - Vintage Summer Basics (available from Live and Love Crafts)
Flowers: Memory Box - Fancy Blossoms
Tag: LOTV - Sentiment Tags
Lace / ric rac: from stash
Pearls: The Hobby House

Copic colours;
Skin: E0000/000/00/51 & R30
Hair:E40/41/42/43
Apron / leggings: T0/1/2/3
Top / skirt layers: RV91/93
Gloves / dress layers / eyes: BG70/72
Basket: E40/41
Flowers: RV91/93/95
Leaves: G40/YG61

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges;
1.  Live and Love Crafts (pink)
2.  A Little Bit Crafty (a little bit shabby)
3.  Simon Says Stamp (use a rubber/clear stamp)
4.  Top Tip Tuesday (flowers)

Thanks for visiting,

Hugs,
Kat xx

12 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

She is a beauty and what gorgeous embellies, lovely soft look.

Sue said...

Stunning card Kat. The image is gorgeous and you have coloured her so beautifully. I love the pretty papers and embellishments too.
hugs Sue xx

Kelly Lloyd said...

Kat this is a beautiful card. So prettying. Stunning image
Hugs Kelly

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kat. The image looks fab and I love your colouring and pretty papers.
Lorraine x

Wishcraft said...

Such a pretty image and love the soft colours, lovely card hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Jennifer said...

A stunning card, Kat! Your design is great, papers and embellies beautiful, and...as for your colouring of that sweet image...perfection!

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

Gail said...

This is gorgeous. I adore the image and your coloring is totally perfect. The papers are so pretty and I love how you colored her to match them. This is just beautiful. I love it!! --Gail

thecraftycavalier said...

Aww hun, this is just super pretty. I love the muted tones and your colouring is just stunning. Perfect layout. Just scrummy :D Hugs, jayne xx

Anonymous said...

Kat this card is super gorgeous! and would be perfect for our challenge at Top Tip Tuesday and we have a DT call too! hugs me xx

Christine L said...

Fabulous Kat... love that image and you've got the colours so perfect to match the paper! I LOVE that shade of pink... so have printed out your copic numbers!

Hugs
Christine x

Little K Smith said...

This is totally gorgeous Kat! Such a lovely image and so beautifully coloured too :)
Kelly.x

Tracy said...

Just stunning Kat, I love your coloring and the flowers with pearls just works brilliantly x